Sunday, November 14, 2010

Run#200 The Trash



How do you guys with jobs ever get time to do anything? So, obviously I’ve had to work lately and the Trash and its avid readers have become casualties. Poor Faucet, I hear you say, well, poor or not I have to get Trash 200 and 201 done so I can sleep at night. Actually if I wasn’t able to sleep at night I guess I could get up and write the Trash. Mmmm. Run 200. A momentous occasion but unfortunately it was now so long ago I forget what happened. But I have photos! Fish Fingers usually come in a pack of 15 but sadly on this occasion she was on her own and had to set the whole run alone. Actually why is she called Fish Fingers when there is only one of her. Focus I don’t have time to stuff around. Being on her own didn’t make the run any shorter. I vaguely remember running down every street in Sunset Park and Sunset Rise before getting the overwhelming desire to stop trying to find arrows and run back to the beer. I wasn’t alone. The beer was cold and plentiful so I just got one out and watched all the little orange hatted people come staggering in. Wow man those orange hats. I knew they were bright but didn’t know how bright until I saw the photos. There were lots of us and lots of hats and lots of pizzas and lots of down downs. I think it was a Cockup Red combo for the RA and even Kama got in on the act a bit. I do remember Cockup leading “Swing Low” and that’s right I remember Barge getting a little pissed and the quiet skinny fit looking guy found the $35 that the other girl lost and so he ended up with the name Pickpocket. And that’s right Yamashitta got a name extension which will really fuck up the name column width in the sign in book. Something to do with something to do with something about her name in a book. Anyway I wouldn’t have time to write it today. Ask her or Red if you really need to know. We had a couple of sacrificial virgins. They’re sort of like free entertainment these days. I guess it’s a mild form of virgin abuse but most of them seem to think it’s normal and actually seem to enjoy it. Maybe they just think we’re laughing with them and not at them. Anyway keep dragging them along guys. The one defining thing about the 200th Run was two things. The Grog was free and people actually hung around for a while and had a few. The back of Faucets ute ended up full of empty cans, bottles and pizza boxes. Two recycle bins full to be exact. Speaking of Faucet, he had to demo the Downdownpipe. This medieval piece of technical equipment, stolen from a Derby Hash ritual will become a Broome Hash tradition as well now. Not sure who when or why but someone should get it each week. A little tip here, get in early as you wouldn’t want to have to use it in the dry season. Anyway that’s enough. Sorry I have an important Trash to write. Thanks to all those people who put in to make our 200th a great run and to you others who just turned up thanks too, otherwise we’d still be sitting there buried in orange hats eating pizza. One last thing. We still have hats so if you have a friend or relative you don’t like then buy them on of these beauties for Xmas. (Broome souvenir) I’m not joking, I’m not like that. Buy one. Do it. Hey another last thing. Why don’t we see if we can sell some hats on Ebay. Broome Hash. Guantanamo Orange. Now the final last thing. Don’t forget to read next weeks Trash. Below.

No comments: